The way you and I perceive things is the way we make it through the day. However, when our attitudes are not stable we tend to live in chaos every day. I believe that if we are rooted in truth we can see our lives succeed in all circumstances of life. It is said that our “attitudes determine our altitude”. In other words, the way we view life and handle it determines where we go and how successful we can be at it. Here are some tips to help you be stable.
1. Learn – Your attitude is a learned behavior that you have picked up from your surroundings - parents, friends, teachers, etc. Like it or not, you act like someone that you know. The good news is, although you might have learned how to have a negative attitude you can learn how to have a positive attitude too. Maya Angelou said it this way, "If you don't like something change it if you can't change it change your attitude."
Break the negative attitude by learning from positive examples. Learn how they deal with the stresses of life. Ask them questions - "How do you stay positive during tough times?" Learn how to implement stability into your life by making positiveness a requirement.
2. Clarify – What you see might be your reality but if your sight is blurred your reality is also blurred. To clarify a blurred vision of reality requires a perception that doesn't change like the wind. That universal perception is the truth. When you clarify your reality based on truth it can give you an attitude that's stable in the midst of sensitive feelings and emotions.
Keep in mind that your reality is real, full of real emotions and real feelings. But that's information, not instructions of how to react. Clarify your attitude to resemble what is true. With that clarity, you will possess an attitude for success.
3. Forward – Success requires you to keep hope alive for the future, even in the midst of tough mess ups and challenges. Learn how to grow from setbacks. Be optimist about another chance to get it right. Your failures aren't your destiny they are just a step required for you to make it to your goal.
Control what you do with failure. Position it to work for you instead of against you by framing your mind to learn how to move forward from a knockdown. Always have the will to get back up no matter how hard you're hit. Stability comes from never quitting.
Summary - Stabilize your life by learning how to stay positive from others with positive attitudes, gain clarity by looking truthfully into reality, and getting up to move forward after every fall. The stability of your attitude will determine the level of your success.
Keeping some things under wrap is a necessary part of life. There's always going to be private things that shouldn't be fully disclosed. But times will come when you will be faced with a choice of telling a secret lie or an honest secret. Here are some ways to keep your secrets truthful and between the lies.
1. Consider – Know that your actions today will always impact your tomorrow. Consider your motives before moving forward in any direction. Examine what's guiding your thoughts. All emotions are temporary so it's good to think about your desired destiny and base your actions from that perspective. In the end, its truth that seals your past not a lie.
Base your decisions on sound logic and reasoning. Know that being honest might not feel good for the moment but it will always put you in a better position for the future.
2. Creative – There are different ways, to tell the truth. Don't box yourself into thinking that there's no other way but to lie. Always look for ways to express the truth tactfully and respectfully. Believing that you can be truthful is the first step in expressing secrets honestly.
Be creative in developing the habit of telling the truth. It's available just like constructing a lie. The choice is always in your hands. Remember, "Being honest is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living and truth loving." - Hurst
3. Consistent – Being truthful can feel like a burden when you're in the moment of pressure. It seems as if the benefits of telling the truth aren't worth the effort. But be encouraged it will be seen later if you don't give into the lie. Tell the truth can be like lifting weights. You don't see it the results right off. But keep on pushing. If you are consistent your body will one day reflect what you've been doing.
Each day work to handle every situation truthfully. The more you are honest the easier it will become. It's an ongoing endeavor that will benefit your entire life.
Summary - Yes you can be honest with your secrets. Always consider the big picture of your desired destiny, be creative in telling the truth over a lie, and develop a consistent routine that reflects honesty. Work at it and know the more time you spend sharing the truth the less time you have to explain a lie.