Achieving success is never an accident. It's the result of precise planning followed by specific actions. On your road to success, you must know where you are, where you are going, the reason why you are going there, and is it something you can afford. With a well-designed plan, you can achieve any goal you set out to accomplish. Here are some tips to help your plan succeed.
1. Alignment - Unclear objectives will never produce an effective plan, it will always create chaos. To have a great plan comes from research and carefully thought out methods that can give you the structure needed to reach your goal.
Work to specifically define what you want to achieve at the onset. Make sure to align the foundation of you plan to your core values (honesty, a teachable attitude, respect, diligence, self-control, responsibility, wisdom, etc.). A proper alignment to your values helps your plan be more effective in achieving success.
2. Vision - A destination is almost impossible to reach when you don't know where you are going. To have a vision comes from taking time out to have forethought of what the end should look like. Knowing the desired end is the first step in creating a good plan.
Be specific and realistic about where you want to go. Make a scheduled task list instead of a to-do list of how your vision should be uncovered. Your vision should be detailed enough to be broken into specific dates when things must happen. Creating an action plan is more effective in bring a vision to life.
3. Collaboration - Successful plans are inclusive of others thoughts and ideas on the matter. Other perspectives can help your plan have depth and a wider view on its objectives. At the same time connecting with others with similar goals can help build momentum in the direction you desire to go.
Develop a team of like-minded people to inspire you to carry out your plan. It's through their strengths that you can gain the intensity needed to succeed over your weaknesses.
Summary - A successful plan comes from aligning it with core values, having a focused vision, and collaborating with other like minds. Design your plan to achieve success.
Being uncertain can be frustrating to everyone around. The facts and details are needed to proceed in any direction for success. Acting on uncertainties can be like treating a lie as the truth or a scandal as what should be. Capture your uncertainties with these three points.
1. Insight - Gaining an understanding doesn't just happen it's the result of sincere effort and prodding into the details. Insight is the proper combination of both knowledge and understanding derived from an "inward sight", or more simply, looking inside your own mind and body and observing it.
Take the time to see things differently that the norm in and around you. Stepping back can help you clarify your uncertainties. Work to see things without the smoke and mirrors that life sometimes presents. Having insight will help you not pass judgment based on uncertainties. With a broader insight of yourself, you will be able to see how your surroundings can play a big part in fulfilling the destiny of your life.
2. Clarity – When you and I were young, we were told that fire was hot and that if you touched it, it would burn. But if you're like me, it wasn't clear in your head until you actually touched it and felt what hot really meant. Becoming clear about uncertainties sometimes requires you to go through the pain and struggle of gaining a better understanding.
Develop the skill of clarifying your uncertainties. It's the only way to improve the quality of your life. Don't settle for mediocracy. Be more by gaining a much deeper level of clarity.
3. Patience – Your ideas won't grow until you getting beyond your uncertainties. Yes, this will take time and requires a lot of patience but the person you will become is worth the wait. You won't have all the answers in one day but certainty is gained by continuing to look for ways to improve yesterday's you.
With patience, you can have a "light-bulb moment" that clarifies your uncertainties because you are still enough to see it. By slowing down, the things you've seen dozens of times can come together like a puzzle. Be okay with the repetitive pace of life. It's where the small things come to life.
Summary - Overcome your uncertainties by working to gain insight, clarity, and patience. You can only move forward to success by acting on certainties that project you towards your goal.